Perhaps the most lyrical one so far, episode 12 of FM Module is dedicated to Erika Stucky, a Swiss-American singer who has just been awarded the Swiss Grand Prix for Music 2020.
“Always pure avant garde, always pure joy” are the words the organizers use to describe the work of Stucky, “the master of blues yodel with unlimited capabilities”. Having grown up in San Francisco in the hippie vibe of the 60s, she makes music that transcends stylistic borders. Her warm voice and liquid sound encompass jazz and folk, blues and psychedelic music. Her artistic portfolio includes participation in such bands as The Sophisticrats and Bubbles & Bones, an homage to Jimi Hendrix, and a collaboration with renowned countertenor Andreas Scholl.
The episode features the Grand Prix winner Erica Stucky along with Andreas Scholl, La Cetra Barock Orchester, FM Einheit, Randy Newman, Knut Jensen, Stephen Sondheim, Lucio Dalla, The Beatles, Cole Porter and Billie Holiday.
- Every time we say goodbye (Cole Porter)
- Marie (Randy Newman)
- Lil`Sister (Stucky/Wieder)
- Kindly Do (Stucky)
- Tea for two (Youmans/Caesar)
- Stacheldraht (Stucky/Jensen)
- Not while I’m around (Stephen Sondheim)
- I do (Stucky)
- Caruso/I want you (Lucio Dalla/Beatles)
- Don’t explain (Billie Holiday)
- Flamingo town (Stucky/Wieder)
- Aftermath (Stucky/Jensen/Scholl/FM Einheit/Wieder)
Make sure to subscribe so that you don’t miss the new episodes. You can find our podcast on all major platforms, including on YouTube